Year 10 Work Experience Week – 1st to 5th July 2019
As part of the school careers education and guidance programme all Year 10 students will be taking part in a work experience scheme for one week in the summer term.
What can work experience do for students?
- Gain experience about working conditions
- Find out about careers/jobs by working with people doing the job
- Meet new people and ask about the jobs they are doing
- Discover new skills and talents
- Help form a connection between school subjects and working life
- The opportunity to gain in confidence
- Help in the transition from school to work or further education
Organising a placement
- Where possible we expect students to organise their own work placement as the experience of placement hunting is of real value
- Use family contacts
- Access the work placement database
- Speak to your subject teachers/form tutor
- Visit the Careers Coordinator, Mrs Hussain, in the Careers Office on the top floor of Winterbourne
What is important is to be organised and start placement hunting as early as possible, popular placements are filled very quickly so use the help available and secure a placement which will be interesting and enjoyable.
- Year 10 Work Experience Letter to Parents – January 2019
- A Guide to Work Experience 2019
- Placement Database 2019 (password protected)
- Student Placement Form 2019
For more information on Work Experience here at Teignmouth Community School, please contact our Careers Coordinator, Joanne Hussain (via email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Year 12 Work Experience – 15th to 19th July 2019
Year 12 work experience week takes place after completion of AS exams in July (from the 15th to 19th of July 2019) and is compulsory for all level 3 students.
In addition, Sixth Form students are offered various ways to get involved with work experience. For those studying vocational courses, day release with a local employer is part of their timetable. Targeted work placements are offered to year 12 students during enrichment, this will be particularly useful for those wish to apply for medicine, dentistry and veterinary services at university but equally important for students completing UCAS personal statements. Students can also take advantage of free time on their timetable to undertake work experience, and this opportunity is encouraged.
For more information regarding work experience in year 12, please contact:
Mrs Best (Sixth Form Administrator via email@example.com),
Mrs Endacott (Director of Sixth Form via firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Mrs Hussain (Careers Coordinator via email@example.com).