YEAR 10 WORK EXPERIENCE WEEK – 3rd to 7th July 2017
As part of the school careers education and guidance programme all Year 10 students will be taking part in a work experience scheme for one week in the summer term.
What can work experience do for students?
- Gain experience about working conditions
- Find out about careers/jobs by working with people doing the job
- Meet new people and ask about the jobs they are doing
- Discover new skills and talents
- Help form a connection between school subjects and working life
- The opportunity to gain in confidence
- Help in the transition from school to work or further education
Organising a placement
- Where possible we expect students to organise their own work placement as the experience of placement hunting is of real value
- Use family contacts
- Access the work placement database
- Speak to your subject teachers/form tutor
- Visit the Work Experience Co-ordinator, Mrs Whittle, in the Vocational Education office
What is important is to be organised and start placement hunting as early as possible, popular placements are filled very quickly so use the help available and secure a placement which will be interesting and enjoyable.
Help to find a placement
- ‘A guide to Work Experience’
- Looking for a placement?
- Letter to parents
- Student form
- ‘Database of placements’
Other useful documents
For more information on Work Experience here at Teignmouth Community School, please contact our Work Experience Coordinator, Christine Whittle (via email email@example.com).
Year 12 Work Experience – 10th – 14th July 2017
Year 12 work experience week takes place after completion of AS exams in July (from the 10th to 14th of July 2017) and is compulsory for all level 3 students.
In addition, Sixth Form students are offered various ways to get involved with work experience. For those studying vocational courses, day release with a local employer is part of their timetable. Targeted work placements are offered to year 12 students during enrichment, this will be particularly useful for those wish to apply for medicine, dentistry and veterinary services at university but equally important for students completing UCAS personal statements. Students can also take advantage of free time on their timetable to undertake work experience, and this opportunity is encouraged.
For more information regarding work experience in year 12, please contact Mrs Best (Sixth Form Administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org), Mrs Endacott (Director of Sixth Form via email@example.com) or Christine Whittle (Work Experience Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org).